Connex provides committed, dedicated retail facility management professionals with basic technical trade knowledge that is valuable in the marketplace. Our online courses provide step-by-step information on the fundamentals of facilities management.
You can sign up online using your Connex account for any of our online education courses listed below. Please email email@example.com if you have questions are would like to request additional information.
Explore Current Courses...
Building a Healthy FM Team
The principles of two firms, Stormy Friday (The Friday Group) and Doug Kincaid (Applied Management Engineering) have come together to develop this course, “Building a Healthy FM Team.” As leading experts in establishing standards for creating FM organization that excel in service delivery work, these leading-edge modules explore how to determine your staffing needs, tools to recruit and retain staff and developing a plan for long-term success.
This course includes 4 modules:
Module 1: Assessing Skills Needs and Gaps for Current and Future Staff within FM Organizations
Module 2: Tools and Techniques for Recruiting FM Staff
Module 3: Creating a Professional Development Strategy for the FM Organization
Module 4: Building a Legacy FM Team
- Learn how to create a gap analysis that will aid your plan for developing your team.
- Learn how to build your recruitment strategy and create the team you need.
- Identify the best venues for education and training and sell the needed budget to senior executives.
- Learn how to share your organizations cross cultural staff goal-setting skills and information sharing.
Members: $695 FREE FOR MEMBERS FOR A LIMITED TIME | Non-members: $895
Competencies of Facilities Management in Multi-Site & Retail
The Competencies of FM is an intermediate online education course that features eight comprehensive courses of general skills needed for facilities management professionals. The series, developed by Michel Theriault, Principal, Strategic Advisor, FM Insight Consulting Ltd. has updated information previously found in the “RFMP Study Courses.”
- Managing Routine and Emergency Repair/Replacement Processes
- Preventive Maintenance
- Managing a Project Roll Out
- New Store Turnover
- Closing an Existing Store
- Maintaining Accurate Database Information
- Managing Assets
- Executing a Disaster Management Plan
Members: $495 FREE FOR MEMBERS FOR A LIMITED TIME | Non-members:$695
Retail Facilities 101
Connex’s goal is to provide committed, dedicated retail facility management professionals with basic technical trade knowledge that is valuable in the marketplace. The Retail Facilities 101 Curriculum is a comprehensive curriculum of specific and practical trade information about the multi-site retail facilities environment. It is based on an outline that includes the essential trade concepts required of a competent retail facility professional.
The curriculum ensures all subject matter, learning objectives and key terminology are covered in a comprehensive manner and provides for increased learning and comprehension by the participant. The curriculum is a “living document,” reviewed and updated on regular intervals, so it remains a dependable source of specific and current practical knowledge.
Who Should Attend?
- FM professionals who need to increase basic knowledge in a specific trade
- Seasoned professionals transitioning into the FM role
- Young professionals entering the FM field
Earn Your Certificate of Completion – The steps are easy!
1. Plan your training over a 12- month period;
2. Register for course(s); and
3. Attend and complete the evaluation(s).
Members: $300 FREE FOR MEMBERS FOR A LIMITED TIME | Non-members: $600
Building a Facilities Management Department from the Ground Up
This online educational series will review the steps involved in creating a facilities management department. Whether you are starting from the ground up or trying to dig out, these condensed sessions provide practical instructions, useful homework and reference additional resources that will help you create, sell and implement a plan to move forward.
- Getting a Lay of the Land
- Plan the Strategic Direction
- Plan for Facility Operations & Maintenance
- Plan the FM Department Staff
- Plan for Failure – Developing an Emergency Preparedness Program
- Plan for Replacement
- Plan to Work Smarter through Technology
- Budgeting for Success
Members: $495 members | Non-members: $695
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our knowledge resources.